Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Word Association and Reflection

Part 1: Word Association

25 words that define who I am:
Spunky
Energetic
Unique 
Excited
Eager
Loving
Artsy
Shy
Positive
Appreciative
Funny
Grateful
Empathetic 
Carefree
Ignorant
Innocent
Caring
Impatient
Friendly
Open
Curious
Thoughtful
Talkative
Creative
Adventurous

25 words that define what “design means to me”:
Stylish
Playful
Calm
Relaxing
Comfort
Spunky
Habitable
Functional
Wholesome
Holistic
Exciting
Different
Personal
Thoughtful
Cozy
Unique
Aesthetic
Ambiance
Mood
Feeling
Textures
Color
Ease
Accessible
Organized

5 personal goals set for myself:
1.     Graduate from SCAD with an undergraduate in interior design
2.     Get an internship over the summer in New York
3.     Make as many friends as possible
4.     Take advantage of as many opportunities and new experiences as possible
5.     One day be your own boss and own your own firm

Part 2: Reflection
1.     I chose this professional path because I am a very practical yet creative person and I feel like I can do really well in this field with those characteristics. Interior design allows you to show your intelligence and your creativity at the same time.
2.     An artist is someone who practices anything creative and is a master at what they produce. I am a learning artist. I practice creativity but I am not a master of what I practice.
3.     I want my work to express and celebrate uniqueness and highlight the beauty in things that are different from everyday design.
4.     I seek solutions to problems in design.

5.     I will be able to learn how to design practically but also let my creativity show.

No comments:

Post a Comment